OK so we’re 18 days into 2015 and I still haven’t posted anything yet this year. Bad blogger.
I have been weighing myself every Wednesday, same as always. I just haven’t really wanted to post about it. I am fluctuating at the high end of where I’ve been at for the last six months, and I am not happy about it. I do feel like I’m getting there, but I’m still a little frustrated with myself for not exercising more self control.
On the other hand, I am deep in my half marathon training and loving it. I can feel the stamina returning and I am truly enjoying my runs. Tomorrow I have my longest run yet in my training program, an 8.5 miler. I’m not worried about it…I know I will make it through the miles. My longest run so far has been a 6.5, and I had energy when I was done. There will certainly be some walking involved near the end, but that’s OK with me.
I found this survey on a blog I follow, and it motivated to finally put something on the blog this year. Hey, you have to start somewhere. Here we go:
1. What did you eat for breakfast? steel cut oats with chopped nuts, strawberries and a dollop of greek yogurt. I’m experimenting with steel cut oats as a pre run breakfast rather than the Clif bars I’ve always relied upon. So far it seems to be working.
2. How much water do you drink a day? Probably no where near enough. On days I exercise probably 8-9 cups, on days that I don’t, probably 4-5.
3. What is your current favorite workout? I love a good run, but I have just discovered yoga and it is a great complement for it. I do also love kickboxing.
4. How many calories do you eat a day? Too many. I haven’t tracked it in a while, but when I was, it would usually end up around 1500-1600.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks? Skinnypop popcorn.
6. What do you usually eat for lunch? Leftovers.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train? Arms. I feel very strong when I do pushups, use free weights, anything that works my arms.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train? Abs. Love the results, hate hate hate the work.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings? Probably cookies. Or cheese. Or dips. Or pretty much anything.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? No. I try to get my vitamins through diet.
11. How often do you eat out? Dinner? Hardly ever. Lunch? Probably twice a week.
12. Who is your biggest supporter? One of my good girlfriends gets me the best. 🙂
13. Do you have a gym membership? Not per se. I take classes at a bootcamp studio, but not a traditional gym membership.
14. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? 8-9.
15. Do you have a “cheat”day? Every day after 5pm, LOL.
16. Do you drink alcohol? In a word, yes.
17. Do you have a workout buddy? Same as #12. 🙂
18. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle? I stopped having migraines, that was huge. I also find my moods to be much more stabilized. Having suffered depression off and on since childhood, this is a big deal.
19. What was the last healthy thing you did? My 4.5 mile training run this morning.