Butternut Squash Hummus Tortilla Pizza
This recipe is too good not to write up for myself and keep. Thank you to Running With Spoons for this amazing recipe. I will be making this over and over again for myself. I’m on the hunt now for low calorie, flavorful recipes now that I’m in my Bootcamp Fab Fit and Fun Weight Loss Challenge and this one delivered and then some.
- 1 tortilla/wrap of your choice (I used a 100 % whole wheat wrap)
- 2 Tbsp. squash or pumpkin puree (you can used canned pumpkin)
- 2 Tbsp. hummus
- spices of your choice (thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary, etc)
- small handful of baby spinach leaves
- your choice of chopped veggies (mushrooms, bell peppers, broccoli, etc)
- your choice of extra toppings (tofu, meat, cheese, avocado, apples, figs, etc)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the tortilla on the baking sheet, spreading it evenly with puree first, then hummus, until the entire surface is covered.
- Sprinkle on the spices, then create a thin layer of baby spinach leaves, discarding any stems.
- Spread the veggies over the spinach, as well as any extra toppings that you choose.
- Sprinkle the top with a dash of kosher salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool slightly before enjoying. (I actually did 25 minutes, I think the sprouts needed a little more time)
This was extremely satisfying for lunch, even without any meat on it. I didn’t have any spinach on hand so I left that out. For my pizza toppings I used thawed frozen brussels sprouts, thawed frozen pepper strips, a handful of halved grape tomatoes and a 1/4 c shredded Italian cheese blend. I added the bit about salt and pepper at the end because I did think it needed that little kick.
For my pizza, here is the nutritional information. Yours will vary depending on toppings, tortilla, etc:
Carbs: 46 g
Fat: 15 g
Protein: 17 g
Sodium: 705 g (625 without the added salt, I bumped it up because I put on some after)
Sugar: 7 g